Friday, December 2, 2011

Battlefields in the Snow

I am going to be working this weekend on a longer submission for emerging civil war.com that involves gift giving.

For several years I have given donations to causes I thought worthy and fit in with the interests of friends, instead of giving a wrapped present. Sometimes it seems there is nothing one can give to another adult that has much meaning, so . . . that has been my solution.

This year I decided to donate to the Civil War Trust. I am trying to figure out how to do this, as they don't make it easy. There are no cards to print out on the computer, nor any smaller donations for entry level givers (or for those who have a lot of people to remember).

I will be working out my "issues" this weekend, and will share my solutions here, as well as in a much more complete version for ECW.

We have GOT to do something! Even the Edgar Allen Poe group is losing funding in Baltimore, and it only seems to be getting worse. The 99% can't do it all, but sometimes we seem to be the only ones trying to save our history, and our heritage.

The picture to the right is a photograph by Brian Knight ,and is called "Last Snow at Manassas." You can buy this, and other lovely prints at his website:
http://brianwknight.com/assassination/gallery/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment