Sunday, August 14, 2011

we need new recruits--

Here is a new recruit for the 11th New York--I am not sure if he is a monkey or a squirrel, but thanks, Steve, for the support!

After fighting my own Battle of Bull Run, I have finished the chapter. In essence, the entire first draft is done. The last chapter, the Lincoln chapter, will have to wait until the first chapter is perfect. They are mirrors, so it is the right thing to do.

I now know what writer's block is, at least for non-fiction, and I know what it is to really, seriously, think about giving up. Do I really have anything to say?

Now I have to write it all over again and make sure I am true to my original ideas. Plus I have to check resources and keep researching. I found a picture in my quest to find out about writing history. It showed a large circle with a smaller circle within. The large circle was labelled "What You Need To Know" and the small circle was labelled "What You Use." Brilliant. I am going to print it out and hang it in front of the computer!

I feel drained and empty now. So--good night, all! Remember Ellsworth!

No comments:

Post a Comment