Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Future of America!! Solved!

One of the things about history is that it changes--the clothing, the art, the music--never the same from one decade to another.


There is no doubt that our beloved country is in pretty dire straights, whether you are looking from the left, the right, or straight down the middle of the road.


Patriotism ran high from the mid-nineteenth century on, so I decided to look at what was going on then that is not going on now. 


The answer is BRASS BAND PATRIOTIC MUSIC! Yep, if we just had a lot more of that and a lot less of some other kinds of musical styling, I think we could all have clearer heads. I know we could have truer hearts!


For the next few days, I will be featuring information about brass bands, since I know all of you are getting out the flags and the bunting for the 4th of July.


All for the Union!

No comments:

Post a Comment