Friday, June 1, 2012

Civil War Brass Bands

One thing I especially love about reenacting is the music. To the left is a brass band that performed at Harper's Ferry, and they are one of many.

I listen to both the Americus and the Federal Brass Band in my car, and there is something rather grand about pulling into a middle school parking lot with cornets blaring.

It is my opinion that, were there more brass band music, people would feel more patriotic and do things like vote and read history. Just my opinion.

I am working on a much more detailed post about band music in the War for emergingcivilwar.com, so I will be sharing bits & pieces here as well.

End-of-school craziness/depression has officially come to an end, and back to posting as usual.

REMEMBER ELLSWORTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment