Monday, February 20, 2012

My Favorite Restaurant in Alexandria

Made it! I am now officially in Ellsworth territory!!!

The plane trip was just fine, and Dulles was OK, but the shuttle from the airport to the hotel was BRUTAL!!!

All right, not Mud March brutal, but long and nauseating.

Once Bree & I checked in, we collapsed. It was only 4 PM CA time, but we had been up since 4:30, so . . .

The gentleman at the front desk told us about an historic eatery called the Royal. It has been in it's current location since 1904, and is walking distance from the hotel. We had dinner there tonight (see above) and are still basking in the afterglow of crab cakes, and sweet potato fries. Ah! The Magical History Tour is off to an excellent start.

For those miscreants who are reading this blog & thinking I am not home, and it would be a good time to rob me--FORGET ABOUT IT! A friend who knows where I keep the gun is staying there to watch the house. And there's Mary CATherine!

No comments:

Post a Comment