Sunday, January 22, 2012

Say It Isn't True--Please??

I just had to find this--I was NOT looking for it. Apparently Ron Paul thinks the South was correct when it comes to the Civil War.

I dug further, and there are a ton of articles about this, and about his "supporters," such as David Duke & Stormfront. I don't know. You can't trust everything you read on the Internet.

I was going to put a link here to Paul's speech concerning this, as words from his mouth constitute a primary source, but when I went back to check my own sources, I got the message that the video has now been removed. Here is the link anyway--someone better than I can probably hack it.

http://www.asianweek.com/2012/01/22/ron-paul-defends-opposition-to-the-civil-war/

Basically, he says the North should have bought all the slaves in the South, then declared slavery illegal, and freed their purchases. This seems simplistic to me, and not very "states-rightsey." This is nothing I wish to debate here.

All I can say is that he is standing in front of the war banner of the Confederacy, not the Stars & Bars--so there ya go!

No comments:

Post a Comment