Thursday, April 5, 2012

National Cemetery, SF

Tomorrow is Good Friday, and I have something special to do. I get to act like a historian!!

When I took Magical History Tour #1, I learned so much, but most of all I learned that seeing things like a historian is different than just seeing things. There is a different way to comport oneself, and a different way to introduce yourself, etc.

I am very new to this part of my life, but I take direction and criticism well. I now have a "Contact Card" and everything!! LOL!

So, tomorrow I am going to the National Cemetery in San Francisco to look at graves. The Kerfluffle at Picacho Peak resulted in three deaths. In 1892, two of the three soldiers were disinterred in Arizona, then reinterred at the National.

I don't know how long it has been since anyone visited the graves of George Johnson and Bill Leonard, but I am bringing flowers to these two young Union men from the 1st Cavalry, California Volunteers. Huzzah!

1 comment:

  1. I will be with you in spirit honoring our fallen heros. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete