Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tweeting the Civil War

If you are not following this exciting use of technology, shame on you! Google up/Tweet up the Washington Post and start following. Right now--as I write!--the Battle of First Bull Run/Manassas is being tweeted in "real time." It brings chills, I tell you--CHILLS!! Plus it is fun. I was at the 125th Reenactment back in the day--it was one of the thrills of my life.

The weather is terrible back East just now, and I am hoping there are plenty of Sanitary Commission aid stations to help the reenactors. No more Civil War casualties, please. I will dig around and find some links that might be enjoyable. The New York Fire Zoauves--what was once Ellsworth's brigade--will be fighting, so "Go B'hoys! Remember Ellsworth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment