Friday, July 22, 2011

my bad



OK--I fell off the writing wagon today. I have, however, been to the shrink, gotten my hair dyed purple (again, yeah, I know . . .), had a mani-pedi experience that was close to overwhelming, anf got home by 3:00 in time to see the Obama-Boehner fight. I am so sick of those guys--and I am such a wonk that I will be back at it tomorrow. Politics! Can't live with it, can't live--you know the rest.

I outlined the next chapter, informally. It is from the time Lincoln & Ellsworth get to DC to the time he either leaves for New York or returns from New York, word count will determine. The chapter after this one is where EE dies. I sort of don't want anything else in that chapter--it would be short, but intense. We shall see. Last time I thought I was doing a short chapter, it was over 7,000 words. Up early tomorrow, and to the computer. It is only 8:30-ish, but I feel exhausted, for some reason. Here are a couple of pix of the U.S. Zouave Cadets--in all their Rock Star glory!! Good night.

PS--I will get better with the pictures--:-/

No comments:

Post a Comment