Sunday, July 17, 2011

Elmer Ellsworth #3

Well, it is certain now--I am lost in this book. I woke up convinced it was Monday. I made my list of things I needed to do, made coffee, and turned on the TV. Meet The Press was on--"imagine my surprise!" So by tonight, NASCAR notwithstanding, Lincoln will arruve in Washington, D.C.

I don't know if anyone is reading this, but if you are, and you are of a more Confederate persuasion, I'd like someone to look at the chapter on James Jackson. I really want it to be fair and unbiased. This is hard for me--I think it is OK now, but there might be lingering bias. He wasn't world's nicest fellow, but I have tried to present him fairly, as well as present the legal argument that what Ellsworth did--entering the Marshall House without permission, taking the flag before Jackson had a chance to "comply" with the request to remove it (I am pretty sure he would have laughed in Ellsworth's face)--technically, Ellsworth broke a lot of search-and-seizure laws. I hope I have made this clear--if you'd like to help with the Jackson chapter, leave a post.

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment