Saturday, August 4, 2012

. . . and tonight's Top Ten!

Boy, am I in hot water now!

I thought it was a good idea to do a series of book reviews of MY Top 10 Civil war books for emergingcivilwar.com. You know, just to share with others & talk about how to build a pretty good little home reference/inspiration library.

So, I wrote up my intro, being sure to be gracious and underscoring that the forthcoming selections would be mine only. I invited comment & criticism even!!

Well, let us just say Fort Sumter has received incoming fire.

I wrote that my first would be Bruce Catton's series that ends with A Stillness At Appomattox, and that is all I have said, but I have already had folks tell me that I had picked an impossible job to do, etc.

(BTW, a faithful reader of First Fallen has made positive comments! Just sayin')

After a summer of war theory, I think I at least know the theory behind defense.
We shall see.



No comments:

Post a Comment